Monday, December 5, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

It's painful.......wait make that EXCRUCIATING to watch!  You want your child to succeed, and you know the only way to get there is through a lot of PRACTICE!  Such is the case, and has been with basically all four boys and learning to swim.  You don't know if as a mother,  you should remove your screaming kid from the class and save the others' from the out of control child, or suffer through it.  I've always taken the latter option, and luckily so far it has worked.  Practice definitely makes perfect, and I'm happy to report we have a happy little swimming fish now (:

THAT WAS THEN.........


THIS IS NOW.......



And lots of practice for each of the boys in their various sports might not ideally mean they are "perfect", but a personal satisfaction of progress is perfect just the same!




Tyson and Soccer Friends at Awards Night
Tyson at Tennis Lessons
Parker at Shenzhen APAC Golf Tournament



2 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Oh, do I remember the swimming lessons for Tyson. That truly was painful for even a grandmother!!! But the ones that were funniest were his brothers--they just absolutely couldn't stand to hear him crying, not out of being bugged, but they were sure he wasn't going to live through it. Yes, learning a new skill certainly takes a lot of patience on everyone's part. Now, with my little buddy Preston learning, I think Grandma needs to learn, too!!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Great post, Alison! You and John are doing such a great job as parents, especially providing them with opportunities for them to develop their interests and talents.

I think that was a great suggestion from Laura, that now is the time for her to learn how to swim! Don't you think so, too? If anyone has the determination and dedication to lose 50 pounds, swimming would be a breeze!