Monday, January 9, 2012

SAS Winter Formal

The boys were not too upset when they heard we were getting back from Hawaii three days after school had already started.  However,  they definitely made sure our airplane touched down in time for the big event.....The Winter Formal!  Gratefully, we were home about 24 hours before the boys headed off for the evening. We were impressed and surprised to hear all the plans for the upcoming evening had actually been planned and reserved even before we left for our vacation.  However, we were not surprised that Parker  had his suit planned out and custom made a week before we left for Hawaii so it would be ready and waiting when he arrived home-----he is definitely his father's son when it comes to fashion!!

Happy to hear both boys' Winter Formal reports later that evening were both positive and fun.  Bracken even lucked out and won a drawing during the dance for a gift certificate to H&M--- but then like the gentleman he is, he gave it to Linett (how sweet!)  I think it was just as fun for their parents to see them dressed in their best, and reflecting back on their high school good times (:



Bracken and Linett



Parker and Freshman Friends

7 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

The boys look so handsome! I'm sure the evening was great. They have so many wonderful friends at SAS. It doesn't surprise me at all that Parker had his suit special made. Like you say, "He is definitely his father's son!" And for Bracken to give up his winning prize--well, that is so Bracken, too! We love seeing the kids in all their activities!

Beverly said...

Ah, dances and formals in high school....what great times. Your boys did look handsome and it is good to know that they aren't afraid to ask the girls to the school dances. It is important to participate in fun activities and make sure girls can also. Such a great post.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Alison, It is hard to believe that your boys are old enough to go to dances!! They surely looked like they were having a fun time. Bracken's date looks like such a darling girl. That is amazing that Parker can just order a new suit special for a dance, just like we buy new shoes or something here in the states. I agree with your mother and Beverly--very handsome boys!

molly kay said...

Wow! I have so much to say about this post and your last one about Hawaii that I don't think there is room on the comment form! Kinda bittersweet to see Bracken and Parker so grown up! They won't have any problem acclimating back to life in the States- the way those 2 can socialize and be at ease around others is awesome! xxoo

Ann Fisher said...

The boys look so great! Also, love your new family photo at the top!
And, I'll be seeing you in approx. 84ish days!!!!!
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

OH, Alison, your boys are so handsome! Can't believe you'll have one graduating. And I LOVED your Hawaii pics! You're the funnest family. Seriously. Don't you hate the short dress style for the girls now??? It drives me crazy. Luckily, McKenna hasn't fallen for it. But I hate that all of Jaden's friends dress that way. love and miss you!

Melanie said...

Your boys are all so handsome! That is so sweet of Bracken to give away an H&M gift card. I do admit you would have to pry something like that out of my hands. Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments on my blog.