This past week I was reminded again of how much I love my sweet hubby, as we celebrated the BIG 20 exploring some of China's most gorgeous scenery.
From Shanghai to our celebration destination was only 3 hours, but the hiking was MUCH MUCH LONGER! For three days straight we hiked some of China's most amazing national nature reserves, and famous scenic spots---Chengdu, Huanglong, and Jiuzhaigou.
Chengdu---Panda Reserve
You just want to pick these fluffy guys up and seriously snuggle them :) They are adorable!
Huanglong
Even though if was "low water" season in Huanglong, there was still plenty of beautiful sights to see, and crisp, clean air (well, definitely more clean than the air in Shanghai....that is for sure!)
The mountain trails were long, but we definitely were in AWE of many of these men (and women) who were packing some serious weight! The stick is used for a "chair" when they would get tired of hiking. After seeing their heavy loads and conditions, I seriously felt a bit wimpy!!
By the time we reached the bottom of the mountain, it was somewhere near a ten mile hike--Yes, our legs were feeling it, but at the same time the hike was truly enjoyable!
That evening, we attended a dance and singing performance based on the local province's culture. The costumes were more than amazing!!
Jiuzhaigou
The next day, it was back to hiking and exploring. This time to China's national nature reserve-- Jiuzhaigou which definitely DID NOT disappoint. Truly some of the most gorgeous scenery we have ever seen. The turquoise water was incredible! I obviously must have been taken away by the beauty, as the next thing I knew I was prancing around with local dress on, and being posed for pictures by the natives!!! :)
At the end of the long day, it was great to come home to a comfy bed at our fabulous room at the resort. I am sure John is not working here, but probably just typing me some sort of anniversary poem (:
Yes, the anniversary week away was fabulous, and even though our schedules right now are completely chalk full of moving, summer, graduation, and work plans, I'm sooo happy we took this last opportunity to enjoy more sights in this beautiful country. However, just to keep it all real......I don't think John and I have EVER eaten sooo many protein bars. I'm all about exotic experiences, unless it involves food :)
Happy Anniversary! Here's to TWENTY years and counting!!




5 comments:
Are you kidding me? I want to go to all of these beautiful places!!! A ten-mile hike--well, that might be pushing it, but wow, the end result was certainly worth it wasn't it! That water is such a unique color--I have never seen water like that! You and John look just as young as the day you were married! Congratulations to both of you!
Alison, you are so beautiful! More beautiful every year. Seriously! I'm so glad you've gotten to experience all of these amazing places, but I'm even more glad that you're moving back! So happy for you! Miss you!
Alison,
Happy 20th Anniversary. You are John are such a good-looking couple! Doug and I have 20 years on you. We celebrated our 40th last December. It's amazing what can happen in 20 years. Now that you're soon to be leaving China, is there anyplace you didn't get to see? You have really taken advantage of all that is around you wherever you have lived. We excited to have you closer, however.
Alison! You look amazing. You guys are adorable, and I am so jealous you got to go to Jiuzhaigou! That was one of the places I had on my list of things to do when we first lived in China in 2005 and I have still NEVER been! So beautiful!
Happy 20th!!!!
Wish we would've skipped Beijing and went there instead......
Wait, 4 days of protein bars? Ok, that scenery would make it worth it!
And John working? Nooooooooo........
Can't wait to see you in a month! Thank you again and again for a fabulous ending to our China adventure!!!!
Post a Comment