Obviously every day should be a day of LOVE, but I'm definitely not opposed to one particular day of the year being set aside for a SEVERE FOCUS Of LOVE!! Luckily for all of us, that is exactly what Valentine's Day is for......a SEVERE FOCUS OF LOVE, and this year was just that!
I always know that Valentine's day is just around the corner when we get the class Valentine list sent home in the backpack. Preston did not procrastinate his preparations for his day of LOVE, and reminded me that exact day we needed to go pick out his Valentine cards. He perused the Valentine aisle carefully, and then made his choice with these nifty wildlife Valentine's that included a wild animal tattoo. Super cool indeed!
Tyson also received a gift card of LOVE from his parents to his favorite chain "Jamba Juice," and a few chocolate roses to help make a few others happy at school. (Apparently three chocolate roses was not even close to enough for the number of ladies Tyson had on his Valentine list at school. I'll make note of that for next year!)
As for Preston......his gift of LOVE would be anything basketball, and that is just what he got. Basketball cards galore, and a whole new binder to organize them in (his other's are chuck full!)
Joining Preston at school for his school Valentine party was the perfect way to spend my afternoon.
And coming home just in time to find the floral delivery man on our doorstep with these beauties from my sweet hubby just made my day that much sweeter!
I would have been more than content with the roses, but I definitely did not oppose a delicious dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant in town, and the theater..."Music Man." (Note.....from the sign above our heads, this picture is obviously not taken at the amazing Italian restaurant that I listed above, but at one of John's least favorite of restaurants....name of restaurant withheld ha ha) I guess I was obviously so love smitten that evening, I forgot to take any pics!!!
Our Valentine's Day was made even sweeter from both grandma's who clearly LOVE and are constantly thinking of their family. The boy's enjoyed reading their yearly Valentine cards from Grandma Copeland, and Grandma Wilde's creativity with her BINGO game was the most perfect way to spend some family bonding time during our Monday night Family Home Evening.
Although Parker LOVED the family bonding BINGO game, he had a few other Valentine plans of his own that he had looked forward to. Valentine weekend was also the same weekend Mormon Prom "Mormal" was held at the conference center next to the Oakland temple. Nothing but great reviews about the evening came from both Mormons and Non Mormons alike who attended, and we all enjoyed hearing the recap from Parker about his fun evening with so many great friends.
So many wonderful events filled our Valentine week with LOVE, but our absolute most favorite event was being able to talk to our missionary while waiting to board his flight from Salt Lake City to Boston. We definitely could not be more proud of Bracken and his dedication to missionary work. Hearing his voice, and feeling the LOVE he had about serving his mission was truly the greatest way to celebrate our Valentine week!
Elder Wilde with his Massachusetts Boston Mission President Daniel W. Packard and his wife. Taken on the day of his arrival in the Boston Mission, February 11, 2014.
VALENTINE'S DAY 2014
THE PERFECT DAY OF LOVE!





1 comment:
I LOVE this post! Valentine's Day was certainly a lot of fun at your house. I love the darling Bingo game Linda made. So clever! And such an added bonus to talk to Bracken. I know everyone LOVED doing that!
Post a Comment