Monday, January 19, 2009

Jinxed!

Just five short hours ago, our last blog post was concentrating on The Year of the Ox, and a year of upcoming fortune. Have we been jinxed? It's easy to become superstitous living in China, but just maybe sometimes it might be true! If this year is suppose to be a year of good fortune, why are we spending two hours in the hospital hoping our toddler has not broken his leg??

It was suppose to be a fun few minutes on the trampoline.....

Why did we end up in the X-Ray room?



Well, the good news is we do have good fortune. Our little man did not break his leg, but apparently did some major bruising to his left thigh. And an added fortune---Preston's thighs might be big and beefy, but boy are they strong!
And the biggest fortune.....we get lots of time to cuddle until his leg is good to go......here's to the year of the ox!


5 comments:

Tami said...

Oh, Alison! I'm so sorry to read this! Sorry your little guy is hurt. And sorry for you that you'll be hauling him around from now until it heals. You are such a cute little thing, he's bigger than you are! (Well, EVERYONE is bigger than you are!) Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Here's to a speedy recovery, little guy!

Tami said...

PS. The cheescake you left at my house today was DELISH! Thanks!!

I think we have some ideas for the next class...it's going to be on February 9th at 10 am, my house again.

Laura Copeland said...

Oh, John and Alison,
I feel so sad about little Preston. He is such a cute, happy, little boy. I can't stand to see him just being there on your lap with so little bounce in him. You know he can't be feeling the best. Call us when you can!

molly kay said...

So sorry for Preston!
Sounds like you guys are having some great New Year times! The states will seem downright boring when you come home!I miss you friend- come home soon! love- Moll

brooke romney said...

I can't imagine anything worse than a toddler with a broken leg. Three cheers for the year of the ox!