Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chinese New Year---China Style!

If you are ever in Shanghai during Chinese New Year, plan to visit Yu Garden. (For kicks, let's compare it to Times Square in New York on New Year's Eve) Anyway, that's what we've learned since it seems that every other Chinese plans the same. We've done this the past two years, so why stop this year? Alison thought it would be a fantastic afternoon of family bonding-apparently several family members thought otherwise. Tyson came along, but only after several minutes of negotiations with his Dad. Nevertheless, it was a festive afternoon.









This picture I took for my darling sister in law Natalie, who is married to my brother Kent. She is the next Martha Stewart, and always has fantastic ideas for parties etc. When I saw these, I had to take a picture of these amazing fruit k-bobs, and claim I had ONE idea for her enormous list of great ideas. Usually I'm taking pictures of unusual animal parts being served, so this looked so refreshing and pretty! (note: I'm not sure what they are covered in, and just don't tell me if you've seen something far better!!)

And what Chinese New Year celebration is complete without steamed buns, AND......

our MOST FAVORITE DUMPLINGS???


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2009!!





No comments: