Friday, September 17, 2010

My Independant Little Man

I have to admit with all the extra daily help we have here in China, it's difficult (but not impossible) to make sure the boys participate in daily chores (since most of the time the chores are already being done by a fabulous Chinese helper!)  However, the one thing we are total sticklers on, is making sure the boys make their own beds, and leave their rooms totally clean before they leave the house each day.  I'm happy to say they do a pretty good job at this, but even happier that today I realized Preston has already picked up on this important lesson. (Just maybe my daily "quality control" runs are working!)  Today, when I heard him waking up, I walked in his room surprised to see him making his bed all by himself!!  I grabbed my camera just in time to see him put the last finishing touches on his bed making masterpiece!  I was completely impressed with his skills, and I'm pretty sure he was too (:


And if the bed making skills were not impressive enough, he then proceeded to choose his own clothes, and dress himself from head to toe!  Luckily I still had my camera in hand to capture this priceless first!  






I have to admit, although I was beaming that he had just made his mom and himself so proud by completing a couple first time skills, I was also feeling a little sad that this baby of mine is growing up!!  I then took a look at the huge purple goose egg planted on his head from a nasty fall yesterday, and realized the first thing he needed from me was a big hug, which is what I will NEVER let them outgrow, and that is my favorite part!!  Sure love this little guy!!!!!


2 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Tell Preston how proud Grandma Copeland is of him, too! He did a dynamic job on that bed!! And what cute new furniture he has! His expression of getting dressed by himself was just priceless! But, I do feel so badly about the poor little head of his--he just seems to always hurt it, doesn't he?!

Brooke Romney said...

Super duper impressed. Way to go!!!