One of the biggest advantages, and blessings of living overseas is the education and experiences your kids are able to participate in. The three older boys have not always seen it as a "blessing" to compete against some of the highly intelligent Asian students they go to school with, but hopefully they one day will realize how lucky they were to attend these international schools. We have been so happy with the older boys education, it was crazy to think it was now time to look into preschool education for the little guy!
I searched out several of the more recognized preschools close to our home until I came across the Wonder Center. I had heard a lot about the center, so I decided one day to go check it out------all I could say was WOW!!!! An American woman who grew up in Shanghai as an "expat child", now lives here again in Shanghai with her husband who is an attorney. Ms. Leary, who started the Wonder Center has taught preschool for ages, and since moving back to Shanghai, decided to transform the first two floors of her very large Shanghai home into a preschool. She offers her amazing skills, and creative teaching techniques, all in a bilingual setting.
 |
| Ms. Leary--Director of the Wonderful Wonder Center |
The preschool has 5 teachers for 20 kids. Although they all speak to the kids in English/Chinese, these teachers have rotations of art classes, cooking classes, chinese classes, literacy classes, music classes and more. The funnest part about this school, is the kids don't see it as a "formal education", but more just a big playground--truly a WONDERLAND!
 |
| Mr. Marvin--art teacher |
 |
| Lao shi--Main Chinese Teacher |
 |
| Mr. Matt |
Preston has learned anything from exploring with paint (and is allowed to get completely covered in it), to learning about organic vegetable gardens, where he actually helps with growing the veggies in the back yard, and even shares the responsibility with his classmates of cutting and preparing the fresh veggies for their daily lunch at school. The school is very "earth friendly"and health conscious, and Preston has now learned the art of making his own peanut butter, whole wheat bread, and veggie pizza, not to mention he now asks for pumpkin seeds, almonds, and a variety of cheeses for snacks that he is served daily at the center.
|
Each day the Wondercenter Bus picks Preston up, and brings him home with a smile! |


There are so many amazing things about this place, I could go on and on. One of my favorite things is this portfolio book that is journaled in daily from Preston and his teachers filled with his daily and weekly preschool experiences, personal ideas, and samples of work and pictures. I know I will treasure this for years!
Yes, it was a bit difficult to realize my littlest guy had just entered the schooling years, but with magical days like he has daily at the Wondercenter, and the smile he brings home every day, I too am overjoyed!!
5 comments:
How wonderful to find such an amazing preschool for Preston! He couldn't be cuter; too bad they grow up so fast!
What a fantastic school! And the main thing is that Preston loves going there so much. The curriculum is unbelievable--so much fun and learning!
What a fantastic school! And the main thing is that Preston loves going there so much. The curriculum is unbelievable--so much fun and learning!
No wonder the Chinese are ruling the world. Five loving teachers for 20 children. I'm very appreciate to teachers and your mother is one of the best!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/permainan-tradisional/
Post a Comment