Either Parker thought his parents just might forget his birthday this year, or he likes dropping very unsubtle hints as to what he wants for his big day......because.......
Whatever it is, for the past three weeks, I have been receiving random phone texts with birthday wish lists from Parker. Truth is, most of the birthday wish list is just that....a big wish, but another truth is that we would never forget the approaching big day, as we knew Parker had planned for all of us to go to Yi-Cafe (our favorite restaurant) to celebrate, and we definitely would not forget that!!! (:
Truly, (except for the person paying the bill), what is not for Parker, or anyone for that matter, not to like about Yi-Cafe at the Shangri-La in Shanghai?
![]() |
| Amazing Desserts |
![]() |
| Ice Cream and Crepe Bar |
![]() |
| Full Seafood and Sushi Bar (if you like Seafood (: |
![]() |
| Made to Order Pasta Bar--Preston's fave.....and so much more...... |
Yes, it is an overabundance of delicious food where you can stuff yourself to the brim, but for me, half the fun of eating at the Shangria-la Yi-Cafe, is seeing what people choose to eat amongst the rooms and rooms of incredible choices. Call me crazy, but since it was Parker's birthday, I took interest in specifically his food choices, and I'm glad I did because one day it might be as amusing to him as it was for me!! (:
First stop-----of course the sushi bar
Next, a few rounds of the Indian Food, and Middle Eastern Dishes........(thanks to all his international friends who have introduced him to their native exotic dishes!)
For most people, they would have been stuffed by now for sure, but here is where the comical part begins.....
A trip to the crepe bar....OK, we all agreed it was for sure a good choice. BUT......
According to Parker one crepe is for wimps.........
Two crepes for Parker means just getting started........
Even three crepes was not the charm for this teen.......
By four crepes the workers were definitely staring him down.....
By five crepes we were definitely not supporting his over indulgence.....
And by SIX CREPES....his Dad stepped in and called it quits for him (:
And just before we literally had to roll Parker out, he finally called it quits himself, but not before he filled a couple famous Yi-Cafe little orange boxes with gummies for the road......
Happy Birthday to a boy who truly has the greatest zest for life! We admire your constant happy personality, and are grateful for the never ending entertainment, joy, and fun you bring to all of us!!
And about that wish list.......it definitely wasn't the first of several "wishes", but it looks like you did pretty good---(riding the short distance to the bus stop each day will definitely be done in style!!)




























5 comments:
Dang, I wish I could celebrate my birthdays with you guys! That food looks AMAZING. And what a cool commuter to the bus stop. He's one lucky kid... in many ways. You're such a great mom. I love that you celebrated your teen's b-day together as family. Very cool.
Wow! Ditto about being there for the birthday party! I would loved to have been there! Parker definitely has exquisite taste--and he's always so much fun, so it would have truly been a party. Maybe we can have a little extra partying when we are in Hawaii!
I forgot that he shares the same bday as Carolyn. Happy Bday Cute parker!!
I want to eat at that restaurant!! Your postings make me want to see everything you are experiencing! Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us your everyday experiences!
After reading your blog I suddenly became very hungry. I always love to see how food is fixed especially in another country. Parker's cake looked wonderful. Hard to believe you have two teenagers now.
Post a Comment