Saturday, January 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Last week we lived here........



A couple months ago we lived here......


And even before that......(let's just say for our family, there have been MULTIPLE moves internationally and within the USA)

But TODAY we moved back here......




It's no wonder with all our moves lately, the biggest question we are being asked is, "Aren't you soooo happy to be back in your "house" after so much fire drama??'  Of course the answer is YES, since it is nice to have everything back in one place, organized and settled.  However, I have learned, and hope my children have learned one important lesson from ALL our many moves both domestically and internationally.......

"HOME IS WHERE YOUR "HOUSE" IS"

I LOVE this quote, and couldn't agree more......foreign, domestic, down the street, or around the corner...houses can be found anywhere, but together with your family, you can always feel you are "home."

As for today, I'm happy to say our "home"  is in Shanghai, China.   Where will our "home"  be in 18 months from now when we move back to the United States?  That has still yet to be determined.  However, one thing I do know for sure......wherever we do find a house, I'm excited to make it our new HOME!! 

4 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Truer words were never spoken! And you and John have represented that so well--you have been happy and made every place you moved the best for your family--whether it was a tiny apartment or a beautiful four-story house--you have been happy and made the best of it!

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Texas! Texas! Texas! Texas!

:)

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That's so great that you are finally back in your home. No wonder you got shingles (by the way, how are you doing with those?). It will be interesting to see where you move; good luck in making that decision! Your family will definitely "bloom where you are planted," as evidenced by every other move.

Ang said...

I had no idea you were moving back to the states in 18 months. How exciting for your family...though I have a feeling you'll really miss Shanghai. What cool experiences you have all been able to have living there. But we'll be glad to have you back!