Tuesday, February 15, 2011

LOVE WEEK

It's February 14th..the official Valentine's Day to show a little LOVE!  A few days ago, we were surprised and honored when we realized our front door had been plastered with a little bit of this LOVE--we were the lucky recipients of a "heart attack!!" Thanks to the Young Women at church for their thoughtfulness--we loved the American candy treats, the cookies, and the red and pink decorations that helped us remember that Valentine's Day was only a few days away.



And with the quickly approaching Valentine's Day comes our traditional Valentine's Day Pudong Branch Party hosted by the Relief Society.  I am soooo very grateful for the wonderful counselors and friends who I have grown to love and adore through my calling as Relief Society President.  Since John has recently been called as Branch President, I will be released fom my calling in the next couple weeks.  I have loved my calling beyond words, and will miss serving in this capacity.  The women in this branch are beautiful both inside and out , and have taught me so much.  What a blessing to be associated with so many amazing women!



It was a night of great food, friends and PURE FUN!  The "Steal My Heart" game seemed only appropriate to play in China....using chopsticks, we fought to see how many candy hearts we could steal from the center bowl.   After 5 years, I'm the only person here who still can't function with them (pathetic, I know), but John was the chopstick king at our table!!
Food and games were great, but the best part of the evening was the talent show that followed.  Seriously impressive!!  We have some amazingly talented people here in Shanghai from BYU ballroom dancers, to singers who have actually sang professionally in the past.  Perfect entertainment!!




So maybe it was either the fabulous party or possibly the daily reminder from our front door heart deco, but LOVE WAS IN THE AIR, and  I was on a Valentine High!   Whatever it was.......I headed out with Valentine fever, and I can proudly boast.......
 I bought my husband a Valentine gift!!!!!!
(unfortunately I do need to document this, as he is probably the best gift giver I know, and me....not so much!!!)  Ashamed to say, I think it has even been since we were dating that I have even remembered to give him a Valentine gift--how terrible is that!!




 Thumbs up!!!  A digital photo frame---I'm thinking a perfect way to jazz up a boring accountant's office :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


5 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Happy Valentines Day!!! It looks like you went all out on your party--so fun. You've done such a wonderful job as Relief Society President (your mom has shared many things with me) and will be greatly missed. However, I'm sure your love of the sisters will continue to be quietly shown in many acts of service to them without your official calling.

Laura Copeland said...

Oh, I wish I could have been at your Valentine's party! It looked like it turned out so well! I know how everyone looks forward to this tradition every year. And I'm so proud you got John a special gift that he will love! Yes, I agree! John is a great gift giver!

Beverly said...

I loved your post. I can tell you really do have a love for the sisters in your branch. What would we do without other women in our lives??

molly kay said...

looked like so much fun!it's sad you are being released- but with John's new calling- I'm glad they are going to!I'm sure you will be missed as their leader. Miss you so much! xxoo!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

You are so awesome, Alison! Seriously. I love seeing pictures of your sweet family, but I especially love reading your words. You make me always really miss you!