I love the quote...."Our life is like our shoes...to be worn out in the service of others." This past week at church, John was called to serve as the Branch President here in Shanghai. I am grateful my husband has A LOT of shoes, and has no issues of wearing them out while helping and serving others. We truly love our church family here in China, and can't imagine our life without them. I'm grateful for the example my husband continues to be for our four boys as well as myself. I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
How very nice to know that John was called to be the Branch President in your ward. He will do such a good job. As Larry is serving as Bishop in a singles' ward here in Boise, I can identify with the time that it takes for them to serve in these positions but I have never seen him happier. It seems our lives our "quickened" to accomplish things more orderly and timely. I know we couldn't keep as organized without the Lord's help. Please tell John that we are thinking of him as well as you, Alison. You still have boys at home to care for. I'm not sure I would be able to keep up with everything if I still had kids at home along with Larry being Bishop. I know your mother did it and she was pretty amazing at it as I'm sure you will be. Keep us posted how you are doing. Love, Beverly
We are just so proud of John and this new calling--because we are very confident that with the Lord's help, he will definitely be able to fill the shoes required. And you will be such a great branch president's wife because you care so much about others, Alison. You are a great team!
I definately saw that one coming! Good luck, you guys are great!
I'm not surprised about John's call. He is a great man, but you also know a wife is a big determining factor (and his family) i the selection. You are a wonderful family and will definitely be blessed even more with this experience! Tell John congratulations!!!
Oh, how wonderful, Alison! He will do a great job because he's got the best woman in the world behind him. We had heard a little while ago that you were without a branch president...not any more, huh. What a lucky branch to have the Wildes blessing them with their leadership and frienship. Love you all!!
Hi Wilde Family,
Tami passed on the news that John was called to be the branch president of the Branch. Congratulations! I hope the family is doing well. Say "hi" to the boys for me.
Trent
Wow! He'll be perfect!
Post a Comment