Over the years, I've finally learned this holiday is not all about the candy. As a child I might have been more of a "sweet tooth" than the average child. I remember looking forward to Halloween basically just for eating the tasty treasures that were found in the bottom of the plastic pumpkin at the end of a long trick-or-treating night. Sadly to admit, I probably didn't celebrate the holiday in its entirety! It hasn't been until the last few years, I am happy to say I really am a fan of October 31st, especially because of all the fabulous activities that lead up to this day. This year our Halloween fun was found in the "spook-ti-fying" of the house, the pumpkin sugar cookie decorating night, the haunted gingerbread house decorating activity, the Halloween parade at school, and of course the important yearly process that goes into choosing the BEST costume for not only the boys, but the dogs too...........
Yes, Halloween is definitely more than just the candy. However it must definitely not be discounted completely. Because at the end of a long trick or treating night, watching these boys spend hours of fun together sorting, trading, laughing and counting those tasty treasures that were found in the bottom of their plastic pumpkin is worth its weight in gold. And I say... with memories this great, bring on the Halloween fun, and still definitely bring on that CANDY!
Happiest of Halloweens 2013!



1 comment:
The traditions of Halloween you started with your family make it so much fun! Sadly, I didn't do such a great job on the decorating or costumes when you all were young. But, you have made it fun for your kids and the dogs. However, next year try to get a costume for Roscoe that isn't quite so tight! Hah! Counting the candy and lining it up does remind me of all you kids when you were little. That's certainly part of the fun!
Post a Comment