Monday, October 20, 2008

Show me your "BUNS"

One of the things our family misses most about living in Paris is the daily trips to the local patisserie to buy our baguettes, eclairs or pain au chocolat. When we moved to China we quickly realized finding good bread was a bit difficult, so a lot of the women make their own. Most people can make bread, rolls, etc., but PERFECT bread rolls are a talent! Lucky for us, we have several women we know who have this talent in our branch who are so willing to share their knowledge with others. Tami Christensen is one of these multi-talented women who agreed to come to our house to demonstrate perfect roll making. Several other women who also wanted to learn joined together which made for a fabulous time.
Tami first demonstrated how to make the dough, then how to roll the dough, and finally, she taught us how to roll each roll to make it look perfect. (She cautioned us to beware of our beautiful Chinese manicures, as they might puncture the dough and take away from their beauty!---still not a good enough reason to stop getting manicures!)

Did these rolls really come from our kitchen??? Success! Thanks Tami!!
Show me the buns! Picture perfect, and ready to accompany the four different amazing soups brought by others---a perfect lunch date!!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Alison, my friend, you always welcome us with open arms into your home. What a fun a day. And what emabarassing pictures. Except I LOVE that last one where we're altogether. We had to come a long way to find each other but look at us! We did it! What a wonderful group of women!

Lynette said...

Oh Sweet Sister Copeland,

No more hiding from me in China. I have my ways to find you... I am glad to hear that you are teaching the RS sisters in China some homemaking skills. Probably the same skills we all learned while residing at Liberty Square! Okay, so I've never made bread, rolls, or anything of the sort (although I think it's cool). It's fun to see your cute family again. It has been too long. Take care and don't be taking your blog link of Suzanne & Tim's blog!
-Lynette

Natalie said...

That looks like such a great day with good friends and delicious rolls! Yummm!

Just Only Me said...

I HAD to comment!! I'm Angela, Tami's eldest daughter and I've heard so much about you and how great you are, so I popped over to your blog to say hi!

I grew up with Mom making these rolls, her baking is somewhat legendary. How I miss them! Give her a HUGE hug for me.