The Problem ---Yes, there was a BIG TIME problem!! John and Parker had left earlier that day for Parker's soccer match in Singapore. Alison would be home with the other three boys, but highly unskilled to help in delivering any puppies!!! And an even bigger problem was that we were told by the vet that if during labor Roxy experiences any problems (because of her young age and size), we would need to get her immediately to a vet, or it could be fatal. Knowing that it was the 11th hour before delivery, Alison panicked, and she knew something must be done quickly!
The Solution---Hua Li called her husband, and he agreed Roxy should stay at their apartment until the puppies were born. Obviously their chinese is a lot better than ours, and they could find help quicker and easier if needed.
The Happy Ending---Leave it to the Chinese and their amazing skills, as Hua Li was RIGHT ON with her due date estimate. Roxy delivered two puppies Saturday morning at 8:30a.m. One identical to Roxy, and one to Rosco. Neither Hua Li nor her husband slept at all the night before as they were too worried they would not be there for Roxy when she gave birth. They took turns watching and soothing her, and when the time finally came for delivery, Hua Li's husband assisted Roxy in delivery, and even cut the umbilical cords for the two puppies. (Unfortunately we were sad to hear one was stillborn, and didn't make it, but the other is doing great!) We are so grateful to Hua Li and her husband--not only does she iron, wash clothes, organize, cook, clean, and take care of dogs, she does an amazing job with dog delivery. She's the BEST!!
Shortly after the delivery, we made a visit to Hua Li's apartment. Tyson and Preston were thrilled when we arrived and saw Roxy with her new baby--a big suprise to all of us. The even bigger surprise was to John and Parker in Singapore with the text picture and announcement of our newest arrival----ALWAYS DRAMA----ALWAYS!!!!
Hua Li and her husband----"THE HEROS"
Roxy with her baby girl---(We are still unsure of her name)
A very tired Hua Li and Roxy



9 comments:
oh my goodness sakes!! that was quite the story and i loved every bit of it :)
how fun for you to have a cute, little puppy?
question is...are you going to keep it? if not, just send it our way, K?
I love it! The post was hilarious...and the music that Tyson picked was even better! But I'm sad to hear that Roxy lost one of the puppies, especially when we thought there were 3 to begin with. I guess now you only have to figure out what you are gonig to do with one puppy instead of two. Let me check with my "landlord" and I'll get back to you! Until then, as for a name...what is the chinese word for Lady?
I'm a blog stalker but a safe one! I'm a friend of Tracey Larson & I got to your blog from hers. I have to tell you I laughed out loud when I was reading about your little surprise delivery and the music to "Who let the dogs out" blasted out of my computer. I remember your post about your dogs when Roxy was in heat. Very funny! By the way, you do have a beautiful family and they should have used you as a model with your little boy.
I'm sorry but I am just laughing out loud right now...as if all the drama about possibly being homeless, etc. wasn't enough excitement for you! If you wrote your life story, no one would believe this chapter for sure!! :D Congrats on ALL of your new arrivals! *wink*
This absolutely was the funniest ever--when the music started, I was so glad I wasn't in school or I would have laughed hysterically and the kids would have wondered what was wrong with me! Anyway, the puppy is adorable. Tell Hua Li we are surely glad she is always there to help out the Wildes!
CRAZY!
LOL!!! I can't believe it!! Are you now keeping it? It's only one extra... Why not have your own little dog family at your house.
Man that Rosco...
I blame it on the octopus.
That is the best news! I'm so happy for all of you. I can't wait to see more pictures as I'm sure she is going to change so quickly.
Alison, you are still the funniest person I know. I LOVE the drama!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment