Saturday, April 4, 2009

Small World--Big Blessings!

Who would have thought moving millions of miles away would be a way to connect with old friends? Well, if I didn't before, I do now! Last year when Tim and Suzanne Calton moved into our branch from the states, I automatically knew I loved them--a darling family indeed. I immediately told them I had a roomate YEARS ago at BYU with their same last name of Calton (a shot in the dark). After only a few minutes we both realized this long lost roomate was Tim's sister, Lynette. I had stories galore----and a TON of hilarious moments I was able to tell them about our experiences together. I hadn't talked to Lynette in years, but in just minutes I was filled in on years of lost contact!


There are multiple bonuses to this story:


1) I have been able to reconnect with a fabulous friend.

2) Years later, I am fortunate to meet Suzanne here in Shanghai who has been a perfect link!

(and...Who else can teach me so many chinese words, AND keep me in hysterics!)

3) Years with roomates are priceless, and they never forget your favorite treats---even if they have to send them to you millions of miles away.





THANKS LYNETTE--YOU'RE THE BEST!! (And Thanks to Tim for carting the goods back here to us from Lynette in America.)




No comments: