Three years ago in 2007 when I was pregnant with Preston, and before we understood about the Chinese Zodiak, we were told a million times from random Chinese people how lucky our baby was to be born in the "Year of the Golden Pig." The Chinese belief is that not only being born in the "Year of the Pig" which happens once every 12 years will bring them good fortune, but being born in the "Golden Year of the Pig", which comes along once every 60 years, showers extra-powerful blessings on those born during its passage. Apparently, so many Chinese believed in this Chinese Folklore, that in 2007 the 16 million births recorded annually across China jumped to over 19 million births---a 20% increase---now that's a heck of a lot of lucky pigs!
We can't all say we are total believers of all Chinese superstition, but count us in as believers in the Chinese Zodiak, because this little Pig truly is 100% GOLDEN!! We wish we could gurantee his life will be 100% good fortune, but we can definitely all say he has showered our family as an extra-powerful little blessing!
Preston aka.....P-Boy, Bubba, Little Man, di di (Chinese for little bro), or just plain HEY HANDSOME--
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Preston gave us a couple suggestions on this year's theme for his big day--two things he loves most..."Toy Story" and baseball. Who says we can't team up Sheriff Woody with a snazzy baseball cake??
And a few other favorites on the top of his list include:
1--His Snuggly Blanky with a refreshing glass of applejuice.
2--Watching Movies with a whole lot of popcorn and applejuice.
3--Jumping on the trampoline with boys 3x's his size, and being bounced to the heavens--safety is overrated!
4--Hitting baseballs inside or outside--take stock now...this kid is GOOD!
5--Big brothers returning home from school who can throw you high in the sky.
6--Sharing the left side of your big brothers ear phones along side them to enjoy their latest I-tunes downloads.
7--Weekly shopping runs to the grocery store to stock up on applejuice.
8--Going with Dad to the video store to buy the latest DVD releases.
9--Bedtime stories in Mom and Dad's bed with a big glass of applejuice.
10--Preschool and nursery--or maybe its just the snacktime with applejuice!
Other birthday celebrations included:
A special party at preschool.....
And lots of mighty fine birthday gifts......
A big thanks to a couple of Preston's favorite friends for remembering him on his special day, and showering him with the perfect gifts.... Sherilee (from the Philippines), and Hua Li (from China).















9 comments:
Happy Birthday, little Preston Boy! We love you so much and wish we could have been there. You really are such a special little guy and make life so fun for everyone around you!
What a darling little boy Pretston is! It looks like he had a pretty great day. It was so fun talking with you the other day!
Hey, I could tell he is a pretty special boy even if I didn't know the Chinese Zodiac!!! Seriously, he is a sweet, handsome little 3-year-old!
Alison, he is just so cute, so happy, little lover boy! He has that infinite smile.
So glad you had your lucky pig!! He is way too cute!
Can't believe he's 3 already! I remember the day you told me you were pregnant!I can see that Preston really does not like applejuice- at all! What do the Chinese say about this New year- the year of the Tiger? I was born in the year of the Tiger and my baby will be too! Cool huh?
I loved reading this entry, Alison!! You have such a charitable personality and it shows in your blog. I feel like I know your family and can enjoy all their milestones with them. Seriously, I think this little golden pig will have a great impact in the world and it will be fun to see it happen. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Loved this post! Probably because I got to look at P-Boy's smiley face the whole time. :) We can't wait for you guys to come visit this summer...I have no doubt Isaac and P-Boy will have a fantastic time together playing Buzz and Woody.
Happy Birthday, Preston Pig!
xoxo,
Aunt Amy
Three?!! No way. When did that happen? I still remember when you passed out in Sac mtg just barely pregnant with him. I feel sorry for whoever was speaking that day! Your little Preston man is a gem of a boy. When he smiles, everyone who sees him smiles. Loved seeing pics of all your boys and Hua Li too. Give them all lives from us!! When will you be in Utah this summer?
Post a Comment