TIME to anticipate the holiday
Chocolate Calendars--What better way to count down the days until Christmas for two anxious little boys!
I love traditional activities that create TIMES together, and memories that last! Regardless of the messes and the stresses these activities might cause, when all is said and done, the results and the smiles are by far the biggest rewards.
Time to invite holiday cheer
Every year, I cringe when thinking of all the time and energy it takes to create that perfect holiday feeling, and sometimes the thought of lugging huge boxes of holiday deco up and down stairs seems like a waste! However, the holiday feeling the hard work immediately creates, makes the masterpiece worth every minute!
Time for laughter
This year, for two certain teenagers, TIME spent trying to get that perfect picture of your pets' new holiday wares, instead of studying for your final school exams might have seemed a bit wasted.......however, the laughter it brought us definitely got an "A" grade!
Time to appreciate family
And speaking of TIME.....Our dad has limited amounts of it! Whether it is home, church, work, or his new appointed spot on the SAS school board finance committee, he is one busy man!! However, somehow with limited amounts of TIME, our dad still does it all!!
Time to think of and serve others
Quality TIME for family togetherness always seems tricky to fit into an already packed schedule. However, being together, and engaging in service for friends and neighbors (and even little friends in countries far), are hopefully important life lessons you hope your children will always remember--especially during this season.
Time for celebrations
One of the highlights of the holiday is our annual "brother gift exchange." Each of the boys shop for each other either at "Santa's Workshop" at the school, or at the markets around Shanghai. It always makes for an interesting (and sometimes hilarious) evening to say the least. Some gifts are very heartfelt, and some......not so much (: regardless, the boys definitely look forward to this event!
| We LOVE Shirley, our Filipina helper---Thanks for the wonderful gifts for the boys!! She is definitely a constant gift to our family! |
TIME for getaways
And alas......something our family enjoys best of all.....family vacations!! TIME now for heading to the airport to catch our plane and making more memories........HAWAII HERE WE COME!!
Merry Christmas 2010







6 comments:
Wow, your family has certainly kept busy this month. But throughout it all, they have definitely thought of others which the whole Christmas season is about, right? We can't wait for Hawaii, too! Your post was perfect in showing what every has been doing. I loved it!
Your home looks gorgeous! I feel as you do that decorating your home is such a big job until you see the results--and it is all worth it, especially for your family to enjoy!! It's amazing that Christmas traditions can be celebrated wherever you live all over the world. Have a great time in Hawaii with your family and parents.
What a great post Allison. I love everything you do! And, might I say again how spoiled you all are? Hawaii??? Sounds blissful. Have a wonderful time! Love you guys. Merry Christmas!
What a sweet post, Alison!! And LUCKY YOU! Can't wait to see your Hawaii pics! I hope you have the MOST wonderful time. LOVe YOU!
Have fun in Hawaii-I'm sure you will- I don't need to tell you!I sent you a card- to the Deloitte PO Box in Wilton, CT- hopefully you get it sometime!Merry Christmas! Love the pix- love you-xxoo.
That cute little photo of your two boys with smiles from ear to ear says it all. Your family really is seeming to capture the magic of Christmas. I loved reading also about John and the love and appreciation you express about him. You are a great little wife and mother, Alison, and your family is blessed to have your positive, loving help.
Post a Comment