Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Golf--We Love This Game

Years ago, I wouldn't have been able to say it---I Love GOLF???  No way!!  it's expensive, and it takes away your hubby for basically an entire day!! What's to love? 

However, as the boys have grown, and I have watched them enjoy the game as much as their dad,  (and basically every other man/boy on the Copeland side of the family),  I think I have become as big of fan off the greens, as they are on them. There is nothing that makes me happier than to see my boys come home after a good bonding day of golf together.  In fact, I have decided that raising a family of all boys, finding something they love to do together is essential, and for our family it is golf.  Unfortunately, I haven't changed my mind about the expense of golf and the time away.  However, I now view the game as an investment-- my thought is, the more time together on the greens might mean a little less green in the pocketbook, but a whole richer father/son/brother relationship.

And being the mom, the only female, and the only non-golfer of the family,  do I feel left out??  Not a bit!  I'll continue to enjoy listening to their golf stories, and be amazed that they can remember at what hole the so called good/bad shot happened, or how much farther they can drive the ball with a certain club.  And when the time comes,  if the same happens for the other three as it has for Bracken, and they are chosen to play on their high school golf team, I'll happily volunteer to be team mom, plan "good luck" team parties before tournaments, bring spirit bags for kicks, decorate golf cakes, and like this past weekend--quickly jump on a plane with them to tournaments around China, and quietly cheer on the side.  Truthfully, weekends like this past one in Shenzhen (near Hong Kong), thanks to the game of golf,  mother/son bonding couldn't get any better!!  So here's to good bonding on or off the greens---golf, we love this game!


 
  

   

  




  

 


 

 







4 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Oh, what a beautiful part of the world that is! I'm sure they felt they were playing in heaven! And all of your cute bags, posters, and cakes--wow! You always go all-out! Bracken is really lucky to have such a supportive mom!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That's so great that you were able to go with Bracken to a gorgeous part of the world! I'm also impressed with your cake-decorating abilities!

Beverly said...

Bracken really comes by his love of the game from your family and I bet Grandpa George is excited about Bracken's love of the game. That cake was almost more beautiful than the actuall golf course!

The Great Lakes of NY said...

I miss you, Alison!!!! I love seeing what you and your sweet family are up to! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season. Love you!