Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The One Dog Policy

Seriously, WHO CAN RESIST THIS FACE???


Well, apparently the Chinese government can!  I knew about the "one family, one child policy", and have learned since living here how strict it truly is!  However, starting this year, the Chinese government has also furthered their "one child policy" to a "one dog policy!!"  I had no idea about this new rule, until I went the other day to get Rosco and Roxy their annual check ups and immunizations.

Rosco went first, and like the hunk of fluff he is, was brave and strong with the needle!  Quick and easy, Rosco was registered in China.



However, when dog #2 (Roxy) presented herself for registration, she was DENIED!!  The officials quickly announced the "one dog law", and would not allow Roxy any legal papers if she were also to be registered under our name!  What to do??  No registration, no tag, if ever found by Chinese police........THE UNTHINKABLE!!

The solution......My favorite Taiwanese friend saves the day!!  Thanks to Tami for "adopting" our little princess.  Roxy might have a new last name for the time being, but she and Rosco are once again united, registered, and happy. 


5 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

This story just made me smile and smile--no, I take that back--laugh right out loud!!! Thank goodness the little budding friendship won't have to be destroyed by Roxie being deported!

Kami Galbraith said...

Soo glad you pulled some strings with your neighbor. She is too cute!! Parker is soo handsome with his new smile. Morgan can't wait to get hers off. National day looks like soo much fun. Enjoy your laste year in China!!

Ang said...

You are so funny Allison! It will be good to have you in the States again so that we hopefully see you around more. :)

Six Girls and One Boy said...

You're a great mother to have not only one, but two, dogs in your house. I guess Lady prepared you for that. Boys, especially, needs dogs around, don't they? That was a close call with losing one of the dogs. So glad you worked out a solution.

Tami said...

While I was reading about your sweet little Roxy I just kept thinking, no, no, no! I'm so relieved and happy that there's a happy ending. Tami Dyer, the superhero, to the rescue! Whew!!:)