So, with a beautiful location, along with my MOST FAVORITE traveling companion EVER, my birthday was the GREATEST, and other than my lost makeup bag, what else could I ask for?!?!
One of the GREATEST perks of Thailand.....ORGANIC FOOD HEAVEN
All of the food here is produced and farmed by minorities for the King and his party. Hence, everything is organic! The most delicious meal was picking our own assortment of fruits and veggies, and having them immediately cooked to perfection!
Ahhhhh, the sights of Chang Mai, Thailand........
Indeed, exotic getaway's are nice, but there is nothing greater than being remembered by great friends near and far, and your family on your day. It truly made my day complete!!



7 comments:
Happy belated birthday, Alison! It has always been special to me to have you and Michele's birthday on the same day because you are two of my favorite people! You truly are such a wonderful niece, wife, mother and person! I'm so glad that you were able to have such a memorable birthday with John. Thailand looks just beautiful.
Your parents were the best traveling companions that Doug and I could have asked for on our cruise. We had the greatest time being together and seeing all that we did in Europe. They are truly wonderful people, too. I guess someday we will have to travel to Thailand.
I loved your pictures of Thailand! What a beautiful place--and so many wonderful adventures! You and John looked like you were having such a great time there--but you two always have a great time together--right?! Happy Birthday!
Oh my gosh! That looks so amazing! I'm so jealous but so happy that you got to go there for your birthday. Lucky!
This brought back so many fun memories except we were in Mae Taeng Elephant Park in Chiang Mai. I'm sure they are all pretty much alike because we saw the elephant paint and rode them through the jungle and even brought them food on the trek. Could you believe how such a large animal can navigate the muddy trails without slipping? Thailand was a most fascinating place for us. I particularly loved how polite and respectful they are toward us and each other because they bow and greet you with great dignity.
So neat that you were able to see Chiang Mai for your birthday!! You were pretty brave to let the elephant put the hat on you. Larry got the hat for us or just maybe, the elephant chose who he wanted and you and Larry were chosen. Happy birthday.
Al, I loved this post! Especially since its the first time I've ever seen you out in public with NO makeup on and your hair pulled back (is that a pony or a bun?)! Just my way of "going into town!" Seriously, though, you look beautiful! Your hair is getting so long! I love it!
I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday adventure WITH you hubby! You deserve it.
Love you lots!
xoxo
PS: I swear the Amazing Race was just there a couple weeks ago, riding elephants. So jealous!
ahh, Al, I'm so glad your bday was so great, amazing, spectacular. Wow. Can't believe the experiences you're having. One of these years, we'll have to celebrate together, k?
wow! It looks so amazing! what a fun bday!
Post a Comment