And speaking of perma-grins......my favorite Easter memory that will forever bring an immediate perma to my face was when John and I were dating many years ago. John knew my favorite holiday was Easter, and how much I loved finding my Easter basket on Easter morning! One year he surprised me with the BIGGEST, most beautiful basket, complete with the cutest white, fluffy ,stuffed bunny you have ever seen, and overflowing with loads and loads of my favorite Easter candy. **I think it was then I knew I wanted to marry him (: !! The night he gave me the basket, he had it next to his bed and unfortunately during the late hours of the night, he began feeling extremely sick to his stomach. His attempt to make it to the bathroom failed, and he ended up barfing all over the beautiful Easter basket!! The next morning, he was mortified to tell me the news. I felt soooo bad for him, but do have to admit I was hoping he would tell me he missed the white fluffy bunny, or possibly even the chocolate bunny was spared (: !! Although nothing was even close to being salvaged, every year I love remembering how happy the basket made me, and John LOVES that this story will NEVER go away!!
Now that I have children, every year watching them enjoy the holiday, and helping them understand the real reason we celebrate this holiday makes it even that much better, and even that much more exciting.




6 comments:
Can you get all the great Easter candy in China? Remember when we brought a suitcase full of candy for you guys when we came to Paris? I love Spring and Easter too- it's a little weird when it's Conference weekend I think though- I like to be in church on Easter Sunday.It's 80 degrees here and sunny and I am loving it!!Yea Spring!
That is such a sweet and funny story about the Easter basket. Easter candy is my favorite too! You have such a beautiful family! I hope one day we can visit. I have always wanted to go to China.
Yes, I've heard the Easter basket story a hundred times--but it still makes me laugh out loud!!! Just tell John, "No, it will never go away. It's just too good of a story that really happened without any exaggeration!"
No way! That is a GREAT story! Poor John. I can't believe he ever confessed it to you! :D
I remember Kitty bringing us all easter candy last year. It's even sweeter when there's only so much to go around. That bag of Cheetos (normal flavor!) in China was manna to me. Now that I can eat Cheetos 24/7 they aren't all that good anymore. Back to eating a handful a year. But import food in China is like camping food... the normal stuff you take for granted tastes soooooo good, right?!
Hilarious story!!! I too love Easter candy!! Reese's eggs are my favorite and I love how they make them into hearts and trees and pumpkins for all the holidays!!
yes, Easter candy is a killer--so much to choose from. i love the mini malted eggs and I have to admit I like Peeps when they are dried out a bit. I know, weird.
That is the funniest story ever--I'll remember that for a long time. Hope you guys have an awesome weekend.
Post a Comment