However, interesting enough, the next day when we had our own family Easter egg hunt at our house, those same two older boys that opted for some good sleep the day before were wide awake for the next hunt. I wish I could say it was because our Easter bunny offered better chocolate, or possibly prettier eggs, but it is actually much more shallow. In an attempt to make the Easter hunt a much more "inviting" family activity for the teenagers, Easter bunny fills selected eggs full of $$$! Not only does this hunt now become very inviting, but extremely competitive.
After the mad search for over 100 Easter eggs throughout the house is finished, the eggs are opened one by one followed by random shrieks of joy from lucky winners.
A few shrieks of joy from these two, but very few.........relatively an "unprosperous year" as quoted from Bracken.
On the other hand, Tyson celebrates with one grand prize egg.......
AND THE OTHER!!!
This one didn't do too bad himself, but regardless of how much $$ he found, he loved everything about the holiday!
Looks like the Chinese money God picture will find it's new home in Bracken and Parker's room for obvious reasons. Better luck next year you two.
Prosperous or not, after our competitive hunt, we all sat down to celebrate a wonderful holiday together grateful for some good holiday traditions and fun.






















6 comments:
Our Easter Bunny hid some eggs with money in it also. Poor Meagan got the least amount with only $2 while Heidi made out getting almost $20. The other 2 did better than Meagan. We had a great Easter and enjoyed watching conference. You will enjoy it immensely next week. Have a great week!!!!
Isn't it amazing that you can even have Easter Egg Hunts in Shanghai, China!!! You did such a great job with the Easter Bunny cake; I used to make that while my kids grew up!
Did you make that wonderful bunny cake? I loved seeing it because I tried to make one a few years ago for Brian's birthday which is in April. Mine didn't turn out as well as yours for sure! How did you feel about your two boys getting a little too old for Easter egg hunting? Those times always made me a little reflective knowing the family was growing up. Mixed feelings I guess. Cute blog Alison.
I love Easter! We loved having Easter dinner with your cute family and especially loved helping you eat the delicious Easter Bunny Cake. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us!
I think I'll celebrate Easter with you guys next year!
Alison, You have always been able to make such darling cakes. Your kids are really lucky to have such a creative mom! And the Easter egg hunt looks like it was so much fun--whether it was prosperous for some or not. They will always remember the family tradition!
Post a Comment