Friday, November 7, 2008

Twenty PLUS....

One day at our house we got on the subject of "age." Our cute Filipina nanny asked how old I (Alison) was, and I told her to tell me how old she thought I was. In her very strong Filipna acent she said "thirty plus." I LOVED that answer---it was true, but not so revealing. I decided since I was "thirty plus", that I was also "twenty plus", and from this birthday on out I will stay "twenty plus!!"

It seems like birthdays come faster each year!! I love celebrating everyone's birthday but my own. John knows how I feel about my birthday, and always tries to make it special. I know he was soooo busy with meetings, conference calls, and deadlines, but he took time to take me to a great restaurant on the Bund for a delicious birthday lunch. I also know that birthday presents are not what it is always about, but when John does the shopping for me, I always know whatever he gets me will be the best. Thanks for all the generous gifts, and a great date---LOVED it all! (A big thank you to John's Deloitte co-workers who helped John pick out the perfect gifts for me in Hong Kong last week. Great taste!!)

When I came home from my birthday lunch, Anna had made me my most favorite dessert....pumpkin pie (is there anything better??) She had never made a pie before, and it was amazing---crust and all!

(FYI---Preston took a spill this morning on the marble staircase, hence the third eye in the middle of his forehead....darn stairs!)


2 comments:

Tami said...

Happy happy birthday, my wonderful friend! May this year be the pumpkin pie-est of them all for you!!

Kevin and Angie Copeland said...

Alison sounds like you had a great birthday. Happy birthday we are not getting older just wiser. We miss you guys and can't wait to visit in April.

Love

Kevin and Angie