
It's beautiful weather here in Shanghai, and a perfect week to celebrate sisterhood together. I am extremely grateful to be a part of one of the greatest organizations in the world---The Relief Society. I feel I have been part of Relief Society all my life since it was my mom's visiting teacher who drove her to the hospital so she could deliver me!! (My Dad was taking the CPA exam, and at that time had no cell phones, etc, so he had no idea his wife had gone into labor!!) Ironically, years later when we had just barely moved to Virginia, I unexpectedly went into labor with Tyson three weeks early--John was in a meeting where he could not be reached. In a panic, I ended up calling my visiting teacher to meet me at the hospital to watch Bracken and Parker until John was able to be with me. My life, and my family's lives have truly been blessed by countless numbers of sisters helping us in times of need. It has been such a blessing to have "sisters" and automatic friends no matter where in the world we have moved. It is always the first call I make when we have chosen to move to a new city, state, or country for answers to many questions--the Relief Society has always been there for me.
I absolutely LOVE my calling as Relief Society president in the Shanghai branch, and couldn't ask for better counselors who make my calling even more rewarding. I am grateful for so many women worldwide whom I have learned valuable lessons from over the years, who are amazing wives, mothers and friends. Thank you for your examples, testimony, and friendships!
Pudong International Branch Relief Society Presidency
Jennifer Castle (Alpine, Utah) Enrichment Counselor, Alison, Athena Messick (Beijing, China) Education Counselor
5 comments:
What a beautiful group of women in your Relief Society! It looks like you all had such a great time in your home. Did you have an Enrichment Meeting there? Anyway, when you're so far away, it always makes me feel so good that you have so many wonderful women around you to help out if there is ever a need.
I was just released from my beloved calling as Relief Society Enrichment Counselor! Our ward boundaries got changed and we lost our president so we were all released. I am so sad. Technically though, according to the new guidelines set forth last Fall, there is no "enrichment" counselor- it's called RS meeting counselor! I'll still always call it Enrichment though! I'm sure you are loved as those sisters' President- they are lucky!
It was a spectacular night Allison. You guys did a great job putting it all together and best of all, the Spirit there was just perfectly warm and full. I didn't want to move a muscle after the video! We really are blessed, aren't we?
PS: I found Dunkin Donuts today! (speaking of being blessed!)
I am just staring at your picture, drinking in the faces of the sisters I love! Each one of them have touched my life in a special and enduring way. Thank you so much for taking these pictures and for such a beautiful and inspiring post. I kept missing China yesterday...not the country, the people. Last night we talked about when to come visit but summer is the only time we really have (now that we are living our lives in semesters again) and it's not worth coming when everyone is here for the summer. Your home is a haven from the world, a safe place to land, the perfect place for all those wonderful women to come together in the spirit of sisterhood.
I have learned so much about life, mothering, family matters, spiritual lessons, etc. from being in Relief Society--not only from the teacher but the class member comments! It truly is an inspired program!!!
Post a Comment