Hong Kong, Relief Society, and Friends---a perfect combination for a perfect Women's Conference weekend! What a fabulous weekend it was to be able to be spiritually uplifted with women I love so much! I have been looking forward to this conference ever since last year when I was able to attend. The conference begins on Thursday evening in one of my most favorite cities--Hong Kong, and ends on Saturday afternoon. There is also an opportunity to attend the temple on Friday evening. They offer classes in anything from parenting, marriage, spirituality, living abroad to gospel studies. It is exciting to see how many Relief Society sisters are living in all parts of Asia, and even more exciting to know that the church can be found anywhere you go in the world. Thanks ladies for the fun-filled weekend, and laughing with me until the wee hours of the morning.
One of the highlights of the conference was the opportunity to work together on a service project. With many hands, we were able to finish tying 100 blankets that will be delivered to orphanages in Xi'an and the Phillipines.
Attending the temple together is always a highlight of the weekend. I love seeing this building every time we are in Hong Kong---a huge pillar of light! (Thanks Tami Christensen for this photo you took last year at the conference...it continues to be my favorite!!)
Asia Women's Conference 2010--Hong Kong









4 comments:
I am so sad I had to miss out on all the great fun! Next year I am so there....
It looks like you had such a fantastic time! I would love to have gone, too! I really missed talking to you while you were away. Call when you get a chance!
I got my e-mail invitation a little while ago and was sad that I was too far away to attend. I am sure it was just FABULOUS!!!! Miss your family lots!
What a special thing it is to attend a conference like that in a building that has the church's name on the outside...out in the open for anyone to read it at anytime! Looks like a fun group went this year!
Post a Comment