Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simple Happiness

Kids truly do have perfect perspective---I know I learn more from my kids than they do from me.  I love that they can find happiness from the most simple things in life.  I love watching the excitement and anticipation of looking forward  to the next day of simply being able to buy a doughnut with their own birthday money (Thanks G & G Copeland.) I love that for one hour we can talk about what doughnut each person in the family likes best, why they like them, and what doughnuts we should purchase.  And mostly, I LOVE being with them when they experience these simple joys!




And even more to LOVE...... a brand new Dunkin' Donuts store just opened a stone's throw from our house.......ahhh, the simple things!!

And speaking of L-O-V-E-- Welcome Cannon Rigby Copeland born to Kent and Natalie Copeland (Alison's second to youngest brother).  Surely they can't wait to enjoy his life of simple happinesses!

9 comments:

Kitty Smith said...

Ok, where is this Dunkin' Donuts? I'm glad I found your blog!

Ang said...

Sweet post Allison. My mouth is watering right now. Would you believe I've never had a Duncan Donut in all my 30 years? Ya, I'm that old today.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Andrea was just here last night and we were talking about that same thing--the simple things in life. Her little girl, Abby, was so excited to come to our house because of her memories, which were just simple things. And, we got to experience them with her!!

Laura Copeland said...

I'm so glad Preston got his donut. His smile is so adorable--he just gets such a kick out of everything in life, doesn't he. Thanks for taking him to get his donut because I'm afraid it would have been pretty dry had I sent it from here.

Tami said...

Dunkin' Donuts? No way!! Where is it? In Carrefour? Love that sweet little Preston of yours. You're such a good mommy!

brooke romney said...

Yum! I love donuts! It's funny the things you really appreciate when you are out of the country...I remember how happy you were to have "cream of" soups!

molly kay said...

you have a closer dunkin donuts in China then I do here! Leesburg sometimes seems very far when you're craving a cake donut with chocolate frosting!

The Dragonfly said...

Man, I thought the donuts looked good. Then I thought your baby boy looked good. But you did me in with the picture of the new one at the very bottom of the post. Delicious and sweet. ;)

Unknown said...

So you live in China, I live in Sunnyside and you are still closer to a Dunkin Doughnuts. Not fair!