It's been 223 days since the countdown began, and its really finally here! We're talking about Shanghai American School Soccer Day----the day that all the international schools in Shanghai come together for an all day soccer tournament. For Tyson, there has been as much hype and anticipation for this event as waiting for Christmas! Every day for months, Tyson has been asking me when the day will finally arrive, and every day I would do a quick "mom estimation" for him until one day he told me I had already used that number the week before! The very next day, (223 days ago to be exact), we grabbed a calendar, and pegged the soccer date. Since then, Tyson has tracked his upcoming event faithfully crossing out each day until his big day finally arrived........
And with a good 223 days to plan, Tyson had just enough time to decide on the perfect soccer day treat for his classmates....
So with the day finally here and soccer treats made, let the games begin......
Thanks to Grandma Copeland for making a comfy "soccer day" blanket for us to enjoy the games, and eat our picnic lunch on. It made for an awesome soccer day just as Tyson had imagined.
We loved cheering for Tyson and his fabulous soccer moves on the field, while at the same time enjoyed watching a lot of excitement off the field as Tyson's classmates loved and hovered over "Little Tyson's" every move.
Thanks for a great day Tyson! And until next year's soccer day, let the countdown begin!!













4 comments:
Love when the big day they've been counting down for finally arrives! The "how many more days" question every day is so hard- especially when it's like 8 months away!So fun that they all adored Preston!
I'm so glad the blanket matched the occasion so well! Tyson is so fun--he really gets a kick out of everything in life and wants things to always be planned out. Way to go, Tyson! And Preston definitely thinks he's as big as the other boys. Love his darling smile!
I feel like I know your boys' personalities (even if I didn't know them already) with your spotlighting of them, their activities and experiences. You do such a great job. I always get excited when I see you have posted something new!!! We're excited to see you this summer. Are you still bringing jewelry with you, and do you want me to host a party?
What would Shanghai do without the Wildes? It would be such a boring place to be! Love the life that your boys bring to any place, any situation, any part of the world!! Love them, love you!
Post a Comment