Anyway....we continue to believe ALL action packed movies are a must see on the big screen, and Iron Man 2 is definitely action packed!! However, to my surprise, there was as much action going on with Iron Man and his gnarly metalic gear, as was also going on with Preston boy sitting next to me. At about midpoint of the movie, while I was completely enthralled in the action, (and at the same time enhaling almost an entire large popcorn by myself), I couldn't help notice P-boy bouncing all over his seat, and constantly scratching his head. Within two seconds of witnessing the itching, I picked him up and fled the dark theater hoping my guess that perhaps he had lice was not true!! Since none of the boys have ever had lice before, I was not really sure what I was looking for, but bit by bit, I took a few strands of his blonde hair, until I had thoroughly scoured his whole head. Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I summoned John from the movie theater for another "spider search" as we explained it to Preston. Relieved and happy neither one of us had found any tiny brown spec surprises, we all returned to the theater where I quickly began where I left off on my large popcorn, and we all enjoyed the rest of the movie.
Unfortunately this blog post does not happily end here because around 1:30 a.m. I was awakened by poor P-boy crying his little eyes out in the next room. When I ran in to his room to console him, he was again madly scratching his head telling me he had "spiders"---which continued until 4:00 a.m.
First thing the next morning, I took him right in to see the doctor! She also did not see any tiny brown specs, just handfuls of the tiny white specs--NITS!!! Needless to say, we left the doctor's office with a large bag of lice shampoos, combs, and strict instructions for not only Preston use, but the entire family as well. Yes, completely disgusting!!
So in summary of the above.......thumbs up for the "MUST SEE" not to be missed movie Iron Man 2, but thumbs down for Preston's "MUST SEE" note from school I did miss until today which went something like this....
"Dear Parents, unfortunately a few of our students have reported an outbreak of head lice. Please check your child at home.............!!"
And..... two thumbs up for this new little "MUST SEE" that was born on May 25th to my brother Cameron and his wife Anne. Welcome to our newest little adorable cousin, Gavin Ray Copeland






7 comments:
I am soo sorry and i can't stop itching my head just thinking about it!! Maybe you just need to give preston a buzz cut!:)
First of all, I am impressed that you would attempt to take a 3 year old to Iron Man 2!! 2nd, it is so classic that you missed the note home about the lice- so it impressed me that you thought to look for it!I'm on the "tick hunt" constantly here especially with Lyme disease in Loudoun having the number #1 ranking in the country!The boat cruise Parker went on looked so much fun- can't believe he's that old!At a dance with girls!!
I really hope little Preston boy is feeling better. Isn't it interesting how we keep on learning in life?! That's one subject--lice--that I hope not to have to learn any more about!
I would be shaving everyone's head in the house! Yikes! Good luck with that. My friend had 8 girls and they all got lice. The only way they got rid of it after months of reinfestation was to take a "lice vacation"! Ha! Not a bad idea.
We did the lice thing a few months ago!! Wasn't that the WORST! I still find myself checking the boys heads when they're next to me. It drives them crazy! Your family is adorable, Alison. When do we get to see you this summer?
Camille was in a play when she was in grade school and had to share her Cinderella headpiece with another girl who evidently had lice! I found out what "nit picking" was all about!!!
Haven't ever experienced head lice--knock on wood, but I remember Grandma Hattie telling us about the girls having to shave their heads when they were little because of head lice. Cute post, Alison.
Post a Comment