This is usually not even a question for Parker as he is the ultimate belt accessorizer! Every outfit he wears, he completes it with a bit of "zestful fashion" by adding a BELT to his attire, and every day I anticipate (with a huge smile might I add) which belt he will choose from his extensive repertoire! Since I am his mom and I see him everyday, I thought I was the only one noticing his belt obsession. However, lately I've had many others ask where Parker finds these fashionable hits, and apparently at school he is also known for his creative belt-work as well! Let me share just a few of my favorites since showing ALL of them might require a few more posts......
Check this one out.... just an ordinary boy scout uniform?? Hardly with this American flag addition!
Crossbones?? Just wait 'til you see it on!! With the right outfit you will want one too....
And my personal favorite.....
So, Parker's answer to the question "To Accessorize or Not" is usually an obvious one, until this past month. Unfortunately the word "accessory" took on a whole new meaning for him. He was forced to wear two accessories that he was not too keen, nor did he find too fashionable.
The first was this hand cast......(btw...punching what might seem to be "padded" walls regardless if it is in a joking manner cause breaks in bones too!)
After three weeks of wearing the cast he was more than ready for it to come off......except for the fact he will miss the "chicks at school" who ask to sign it every day (:
And just when the first unwanted cast accessory came off, another unwanted accessory went on! Ok, maybe this second accessory he has been forced into wearing could not have been avoided like the cast, but nonetheless, still not a favorable fashion statement for Parker for the next year and a half.......
Accessories or not, we love Parker's fashion sense he obviously inherited from his Dad, and even more his zest of life he adds to everything!
8 comments:
What a good looking guy you've got there! Love the belts! I sure wish my folks had been able to accessorize my smile when I was that age! What a fun post. :)
Parker can work it! You know I am all about the accessories- turning a drab outfit into fab with the addition of a transformers belt? Awesome!Glad the cast came off and braces already? wow- he is getting old!
Parker, You are the stylin' man! Now everyone is going to want braces because you'll make them cool! By the way, no more hitting padded walls!
Just a couple thoughts that came to me while reading your latest post.
#1: Garrett would like both the Superman and the Autobot (Transformer) belts, please.
#2. I think Abercrombie & Fitch will be calling (or should be calling) soon. Maybe as soon as he gets his braces off.
#3. I love that the "Superman" belt picture is taken in front of a very fitting location: a bar!
#4. The one accessory you can't take away from Parker is his confidence. I love it!
#5. And yes, he definitely got his fashion sense from his dad. Love it!
This was such an insightful post by a loving mother. Parker and your other boys will have such a thorough journal of their growing up years with all the mind-expanding experiences guys have. Alison, I love reading your everyday experiences turned into short stories.
Parker is soo cool! Where can i get a flag belt to spice up Jarens boy scout outfit?
I love it! I love his belts especially and the braces aren't half bad. Definitely worth it!
He is one stylin' boy! I love the belts. They totally make the outfit! How old is Parker? He is a very handsome boy and definitely knows how to accessorize!
Post a Comment