Unfortunately, as of late, things have changed! A few weeks ago, we had a TERRIBLE, obnoxious neighbor move in! This neighbor is extremely loud, not so good looking, and wakes us up EVERY SINGLE morning as early as 4:30 a.m. with the most annoying noises one has ever heard! When a husband has conference calls until 2:30 a.m., it doesn't make one happy to wake up just two hours later! We hadn't formally met this neighbor until yesterday at 4:30 a.m. Words were not exchanged, but there was an evil stare down which John thought he had won with silence.......until 20 minutes later when we had just managed to fall back asleep, the honking started back up......this time even louder!!
So the question is "what do we do?" I guess I could call the management center like I do when the dryer stops working, the internet is messed up, the water pressure is not up to par, or heaven forbid the ligtbulbs burn out. However, I'm worried the sweet Chinese staff will wonder why it's their issue since wildlife control is not included in the housing contract. Hmmm, I guess, worst case scenario Tyson's new purchase that John and I specifically threatened him not to aim at anything living, will soon have a new target.......YES, We're up for suggestions!









7 comments:
Your backyard is definitely gorgeous!! I think you should let Tyson have some fun with some target shooting ;)
This is hysterical! I was reading along and thinking you were being kind of rude saying someone was ugly and making strange noises--until I looked and read further--then I absolutely started cracking up! Seriously, maybe Tyson could just aim very close and he would get the idea--do you think?!
Alison,
That is hilarious!!! I felt bad when you moved from your other beautiful house but can definitely see why you made that change, along with the close proximity of things!
Too funny Allison! Lovin' it. I'm very sorry you have to put up with such noises. Can you just tell the owners it wakes you up and maybe ask them what their suggestion might be? If they aren't willing to work with you, then you can take things to a different level. ;)
This issue reminds me of when I lived in my little house in McKinney. The houses are built no further than 5 feet from each other...so when the neighbor's dog started barking one night...it got so bad that the only option I had was to sleep on my blow-up mattress in my closet. This is, of course, after I had to go to Walmart at 2:30 in the morning to get a new pump so I could blos up the mattress. I ended up sleeping in the closet every night for 2 weeks. No one comes between me and sleep. So...I feel for you, I really do.
I say if there is no law against it (and believe me, I highly doubt there is), go "hunting" this weekend! In fact, I bet Goose is a delicacy in China!
Your blog entry today was like reading a chapter in a novel...beautiful damsel in distress in a distant far off land. Young prince chases away intruder with merely his sling shot.
Nothing worse than a noisy neighbor in the wee hours. Maybe pour him a nice bowl of antifreeze:)
Post a Comment